Sunday, January 08, 2006

A [mountain biker/photographer]'s Best Friend

Like many people, I used to have my camera stashed away in my Camelbak's pocket. In order to use it I would have to take my camelbak off, take the camera out, snap some pictures, put the camera back in the pocket, and snap my camelbak back on. Not very convenient.

Awhile ago, Pete (pshloss on STR) and I bumped into each other at Turnbull Canyon. Among the many things he showed/taught me that day was a little camelbak pocket that attaches onto the Camelbak's straps using velcro.

Simple and extremely useful, Camelbak's "Phone Pocket" allows me to have my camera easily accessible at all times during a ride. This leads to faster and easier picture snapping and as a result, more pictures taken. The phone pocket velcro's in 4 spots for very secure attachment. It sits a little below shoulder level, depending how you have your camelbak adjusted.

I got my phone pocket at Jax Bicyle shop in Long Beach in their little Camelbak section. Here's a link for the REI product page - it's $10. The new phone pocket looks a little different then mine, not sure if it's smaller or larger. My camera, an Olympus D-560, fits snugly while measuring 4.2" x 2.2" x 1.6".

If you like taking pictures while on the trail, this is a simple, inexpensive, and convenient addition to the gear you use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home